Job Title: Guest Experiences Administrative Coordinator
In summary this position is expected to: provide Volunteer Office Administration and overall Guest Experience team coordination of events, purchasing, and project coordination. Manage the ordering, delivery and storage of all supplies and educational program materials for the Museum based programs for the Guest Experiences Department, ensuring that the purchasing processes for the department are effective. In conjunction with this, this position will be involved in the administration of the department budget, i.e. generating reports as needed and input of data This position will also coordinate GE department team based reward/recognition events, be responsible for responding to GE relevant guest comment cards, and coordinate the updating of GE materials on an ongoing basis, including the guest experiences and volunteer handbooks, manager calendars and schedules. Additionally this position provides support to temporary exhibits on an as needed basis and will be regarded as a resource to the Volunteer Office, helping to deploy resources as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
• Provide Volunteer Office Administration coordination of resources, events, volunteers, and projects
• Coordination of Volunteer Office and Guest Experiences department reward/recognition events; volunteer recognition dinner; team onboarding events
• Provide program assistances as needed for evening events (snoozeums, recognition dinner)
• Provide temporary exhibit coordination support (CATW; temp exhibit dwell time studies)
• Positively engages guests and public in alignment with museum mission and vision, assists delivering programs and proactively engages guests as assigned
• Assists with guest recovery processes such as helping respond to guest comment card process, guest solutions, etc.
• Coordinates purchasing for Volunteer Office and Guest Experiences Department
• Establishes processes, communication plans, and delivery systems for Department wide purchasing
• Work with program staff to order all supplies for 30 member GE staff and department
• Manage material storage department, including unpacking and inventorying shipments, organizing supplies, preparing for upcoming programs as necessary
• Maintain system for tracking supply usage and facilitating ordering; reporting back status of orders
• Work closely with finance department on purchasing and invoice tracking
• Coordinate with program staff to ensure materials are available as needed for program dates
• Assist program staff with set up for scheduled programs, including room arrangement, materials set up and technology as necessary
• Create budget reports
• Track expenditures for each budget line/program
• Order background checks for all new volunteers
• Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS: Required and Recommended
Required qualifications are as follows:
• Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university; or four to six years related
experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
• Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
• Ability to escalate problems appropriately
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Ability to coordinate several projects ad meet deadlines appropriately
Additional experience that is recommended:
• Bilingual ability a plus
The Museum of Science and Industry, one of the largest science centers in the world, offers world-class and uniquely interactive science experiences that inspire inventive genius and foster curiosity. From groundbreaking and award-winning exhibits that can’t be found anywhere else to Live Science Experiences that make you the scientist undefined a visit to MSI is where fun and learning mix. Through its Center for the Advancement of Science Education (CASE), MSI offers a variety of student and teacher experiences that deepen the engagement of students and teachers in science and science related disciplines, with a vision to fulfillment of the Museum’s larger vision: to inspire and motivate children to achieve their full potential in science, technology, engineering and medicine. If you are equally passionate about our vision and want to be surrounded by a team of dynamic, smart and innovative people, the Museum of Science and Industry is the right place for you.
The Museum of Science and Industry is an AA/EOE/ADA employer
Please submit bid form and resume by June 10, 2014